About Me

My photo
I make a tit of myself pretty much on a daily basis.

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Fringey fringe fringe

Hello blogging world,

I feel that after our productive start to yesterday's blogging fun, in all the excitement I forgot to go into detail about the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, and as you have the decency to read my blog, I should probably fill you in, and I hope you forgive me for being so rude.

During our final degree year, Ugly Ginger and I joined forces to create a show of epic comedy proportions. We wrote a series of sketches set on a bus and decided to make them into a play, where a bus driver named John is the central character who links all the sketches. The play is set on his last day before retirement after 52 years on the buses and he tells the tale of his life and the people he's seen, thus giving us reason to perform our sketches.
And so, Route 52 was born. We performed it for a module, and got picked to perform it at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August 2010. For those of you who are unaware, the Fringe is a massive theatre and comedy festival which runs throughout the entirety of August in the middle of Edinburgh and is where a lot of actors and theatre practitioners get their 'big break', for lack of a better phrase.

Of course, us not being humans what with big heads, I must explain that it isn't all about Ugly Ginger and myself - another show also got picked to go too, called A Perfect Honeymoon. This is where I introduce my great chums, Kent Fancy and Chris (KF is very posh, is a cake-loving lady like myself, and is obviously from the wonderful, magical place of Kent, and Chris is from Bolton. He is more commonly known by a nickname, therefore it seems inappropriate to give him another nickname, so for all intents and purposes, we shall call him by his Christian name, Chris. Sorry for my lack of imagination, folks). Their show is about a couple of newlyweds who are off on their honeymoon, and it all goes tits-up, to be honest. However, it is very funny, promise.

Anyway anyway anyway, I really think that you should search for us on http://www.edfringe.com/ and book tickets, because our shows are funny.

NOW. This is where it gets interesting (I know, hard to believe, but really I'll try and keep you interested). We had an actor called Man-With-Drill (MWD). He was quite good at the part, but to be honest, not my cup of tea (dick) and we had many a cross exchange. The long and short of it is, he pulled out of the show (excellent, really. I tried to imagine what it would feel like if the glove was on the other hand and I would have pulled out too, if I knew that I was not a very nice person).
So, Ugly Ginger and I had to find someone to replace him. We found John (he is a magical man and thus a nickname is not worthy enough for his God-like stature), an elderly gentleman from Edinburgh, and asked him to play the part. He travelled to Carlisle today and we rehearsed with him, and I can safely say that he is marvellous and MWD had better be full of sorrow and regret and apologies and be eating humble pie.

So there.

On another type of fringey fringe fringe, Ugly Ginger has asked me to cut her fringe for her, as she has been blinded in one eye by her own ginger strands of wonderment (hair, for the ones less fond of the fantastical explanations), so after a tiring day of rehearsal and bus-related activities, that is what I am doing with my evening.

Anyway, I expect one day soon I will upload a blog with some sort of content that relates to me alone in some way, but for now, night night and God speed.

Mwah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers